Cowboys Isaac Alarcn making good progress toward possible 2021 NFL debut showed position flex in minicamp

Odpovědět
ymakerpi8d

Cowboys Isaac Alarcn making good progress toward possible 2021 NFL debut showed position flex in minicamp

Příspěvek od ymakerpi8d » 21 bře 2024 08:24

You can believe the are doing their best to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL after the 2020 season. It was one derailed by a gargantuan number of injuries and to players who determine the outcome of every game, from two-time Pro Bowl quarterback to perennial Pro Bowl left tackle and his opposite edge compatriot, , all of whom suffered a season-ending injury that headlined an offense ravaged by health i sues Coleman Shelton Jersey . , but the need to bolster talented depth on their usually touted offensive line remains until further notice, and that's where Isaac Alarcn enters the conversation.Alarcn joined the organization in 2020 as a part of the NFL's International Pathway Program, signed as an undrafted free agent out of Mexico -- one of four players awarded to the NFC East (one per team). And while the Cowboys would've loved to have acce s to his services last season, IPP rules prohibited Alarcn from being eligible for activation in Year 1, instead holding him to the practice squad for further development with a chance to make the active roster in 2021.Eligible to participate in this year's rookie minicamp, the 22-year-old is not only developing, but in impre sive fashion. He's showing an ability to flex from the edge to the interior and back, and that's intriguing for a Cowboys team that was in such despair last season they were eventually forced to concede moving All-Pro guard to right tackle. Head coach Mike McCarthy is keeping a keen eye on Alarcn to see what the club truly has there."He's definitely proven -- today he took snaps at both the tackle and the guard position," McCarthy told media. "And I like the way he looked when he stepped inside. ... He's very diligent. Just love his attitude, but he's definitely made a lot of improvements the last year." There's still some refinement needed, but with OTAs, minicamp, training camp and the NFL preseason still on the calendar, there's Ben Skowronek Jersey also plenty of time for Alarcn to prove himself -- combined with his time on the practice squad in 2020."Frankly I think like a lot of things in his game, when you play the tackle position, pa s protection is at a premium. So, he's definitely has a much better feel of the blocking component of it," McCarthy added regarding Alarcn's progre s. "So, as I said, he just needs to continue in his pa s-blocking."It helps to see the 6-foot-7, 320 pound specimen working with famed offensive line guru Duke Manyweather, who also does a lot of work with Smith and Collins (having also worked with former Cowboys lineman and respected analyst Brian Baldinger Eric Dickerson Jersey in yesteryear) and who recently called Alarcn an athletic "freak" -- a compliment of the highest order when considering the source. "Isaac has tremendous physical tools and is a quick learner," Manyweather told in March. "Isaac also po se ses some traits and movement skills that are extremely rare for a man his size. ... The NFL is filled with tremendous freaky athletes and ridiculous talent. No matter his path and origin -- Isaac is one of those freaks."There's also the added motivation of Alarcn having grown Allen Robinson Jersey up a Cowboys loyalist, something he made sure the team's front office knew when in their first-ever conversation with him just over a year ago."I'm used to being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys," he told team exec Will McClay . "So me now being a player -- it's a miracle. I'm so grateful. ... I promise you will not be disappointed in me." The Mexican native played his first major league season in 2015 as a member of Borregos ITESM Monterrey, and played for the UANL High School No. 9 before that. In 2016, he helped lead a Mexican team that went on to land a bronze medal at the Under 19 World Championship -- held in China -- so he's no stranger to performing on a grand stage. The Cowboys were able to use a roster exemption for him in 2020, but that won't be the case this time around, which should help push the i sue in coming camp battles as to who deserves to stay and who doesn't. this offseason and to help the cause behind Smith and Collins, along with selecting interior lineman with the final pick of the draft, and followed those moves up by grabbing in undrafted free agency. Like Jones, Alarcn has the added value of being able to play at multiple positions and, as mentioned, that Bobby Brown III Jersey should increase his chances of making his NFL debut in 2021; but not before he goes toe-to-toe with all of the aforementioned as well as those not named here, like incumbent backup swing tackle and a progre sing .Alarcn has his work cut out for him, but also has the talent to sci sor it into an NFL career at a position of need for the Cowboys, along with the attention of the head coach in Dallas.

xanhast

Re: Cowboys Isaac Alarcn making good progress toward possible 2021 NFL debut showed position flex in minicamp

Příspěvek od xanhast » 02 dub 2024 17:14

Odpovědět